Chicago, also known as the windy city, is infamous for its drug use. The most commonly abused drugs in Chicago include cocaine, marijuana, heroin, and ecstasy (MDMA). Prescription drugs such as methadone, Adderall, oxycodone, and Hydrocodone are also commonly abused.
Unfortunately, drug abuse and addiction affect the individual, their families, and close ones as well as the community at large. For this reason, it’s important to seek the right treatment to help addicts get back on track.
If you’re looking for a drug rehab in Chicago, Illinois, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- The location – One of the first things to do is to decide whether you’ll stay local or travel for rehab. There may be many drug addiction treatment centers in Chicago but these may not suit your needs or they may not know how to treat your addiction. In that case, you have the option of traveling for rehab.
- The level of care offered – When looking for a Chicago, Illinois drug rehab, you have to consider the care offered at the facility. A reputable drug rehab should have different treatment programs e.g. outpatient treatment, partial hospitalization, or intensive outpatient treatment. These treatment programs should be individualized to suit your unique treatment goals.
- Trained and licensed staff –When looking for a drug addiction treatment center, you want to be sure that you’re in safe hands. It’s important that you choose a rehab facility with staff who are trained, licensed, and experienced in offering addiction treatment and care.
- The cost of treatment – You also need to think about how much the treatment will cost. Addiction treatment in most cases isn’t cheap especially if you’re paying out of pocket. Be sure to ask if the treatment center accepts your insurance or if they have a payment plan that suits your budget.
- The environment – Recovering from drug addiction is challenging and you need to be in a safe, serene environment. The rehab should also offer a variety of amenities and curricular activities to keep you occupied and encourage interaction among clients. Compare diff
- erent facilities and what they offer before choosing one to attend.
- Aftercare treatment – Recovery doesn’t end when you leave a treatment program. It’s a lifetime process and
you’ll still need support to get back on your feet. The right treatment center will offer clients aftercare treatment either by linking them with support groups, and sober living homes or by continuing to offer therapy after treatment.
Reach Out Today
No one should battle drug addiction on their own. If you’re a resident of Chicago, Illinois looking for drug rehab, there’s always the option of traveling to Indiana. We at Evolve Indy in Indiana welcome both local and out-of-state clients. We offer a range of treatment programs to suit our clients’ needs and ensure we follow up with them after treatment.
Get in touch with us today to learn more about our drug addiction treatment programs.