As more and more people are affected by substance abuse, we’re getting better at understanding addiction. Although there’s still a stigma attached to addiction, we now know that it’s a disease that affects an individual physically, psychologically, and mentally.
If you are a resident of Maryland who is struggling with either drug or alcohol abuse, don’t despair. There are many others like you and professional help is available to aid you in your recovery. You may still be in denial about your addiction, assuring anyone who asks that you have everything under control but deep down you know that’s not true.
You have watched your addiction wreak havoc on your relationships with friends and family. You have seen how it has devastated your finances and even ruined your health. You may feel that you’re strong enough to quit drinking or using drugs on your own. Perhaps you have even tried it, only to end up relapsing after a while. Don’t give up. With the right care and addiction treatment, you can get your life back on track.
Maryland Residents Traveling for Addiction Treatment
If you’re reading this, you’re probably wondering why you should travel to Indiana for addiction treatment. Traveling for rehab comes with several benefits. These include:
- Access to a wider pool of addiction treatment centers. Widening your search for a rehab facility, outside Maryland exposes you to other specialized rehabs in Indiana. These may have professionals who specialize in treating your particular addiction. they may also be cheaper than those found in Maryland.
- Giving you privacy. As we mentioned earlier, addiction still comes with some stigma. People will judge you and make their own conclusions. To avoid all this and maintain your privacy, you might opt to seek addiction treatment in Indiana. Chances are you won’t run into anyone who knows you and you’ll be able to concentrate on your recovery.
- You’ll get away from the negative environment that contributed to your addiction. it can be hard to focus on recovery when you keep running into friends you used to get high with or your dealer. It’s also difficult to make changes when you’re still living under the influence of stressors or the triggers that drove you into addiction. Traveling for rehab allows you to begin again in a new place.
- The new environment will motivate you to make changes. There’s something about being in a new place that inspires you to make meaningful changes to your life. The serene environment at our rehab facility gives you the chance to slow down, recuperate and rejuvenate while developing healthier habits to help your recovery.
This is just one side of the coin. There’re also some disadvantages that come with traveling to Indiana for rehab including:
- Taking you away from your support system. Your family and friends can be invaluable sources of motivation and support as you recover from addiction. Traveling to another state for treatment takes you away from them and it can make you lonely and homesick.
- Financial limitations. When considering traveling for addiction treatment in Indiana, you have to factor in several costs. This includes the cost of travel and accommodation.
- Difficulties in arranging aftercare. It may be difficult for therapists at the rehab facility in Indiana to hook you up with sober communities, Alcoholics Anonymous groups, and other aftercare groups back in your hometown.
What types of addiction treatment programs can I find in Indiana for Maryland Residents?
Here at Evolve Indy in Indiana, we offer various addiction treatment programs. Once our director of admissions talks with you, you’ll be admitted into one of these programs, depending on the severity of your addiction.
- Partial Hospitalization Program. This treatment program is ideal for those who need to receive intensive treatment but don’t need to stay overnight at our rehab facility.
- Intensive Outpatient Program. This comes next after completing a PHP. The intensive outpatient program gives you the freedom to resume your daily life as you keep progressing through treatment.
- Outpatient Program. An outpatient program is designed for those who have a mild addiction. This program is ideal for those who have a lot of willpower coupled with a strong support system at home. Since you’ll be living at home, you could end up relapsing if not adequately prepared to deal with your triggers and stressors.
- Family Therapy. Families of people struggling with substance abuse are also affected by the addiction. They often change their behavior in an attempt at coping with their loved one’s addiction. Our family therapy program is designed to help such families rebuild trust and their damaged relationships.
What makes Evolve Indy stand out to Maryland Residents from other rehabs in Indiana?
Evolve Indy is one of the leading drug rehab centers in Indiana with good reason. Seeking treatment at our rehab facility means you’ll benefit from the following:
- Qualified, dedicated, and accredited addiction treatment specialists.
- Evidence-based treatment programs.
- Continued care through the different treatment stages.
- Individualized treatment plans.
- An excellent environment and amenities that are conducive to recovery.
Additionally, we don’t want anyone to be locked out of addiction treatment due to the cost. That’s why we accept a range of insurance providers. We also provide various treatment options that help as many people as possible to receive the treatment they need.
Don’t Let Addiction Rule Your Life
Don’t let distance get in the way of dealing with your addiction. If you are a resident of Maryland and you want to travel to Indiana for addiction treatment then take the necessary steps and just do it. Once you make up your mind, you’ll discover it’s not as difficult as you thought it would be.
Feel free to contact us for more information on our addiction treatment programs, our rehab facility, or addiction in general. Our treatment coordinators are always on hand 24/7 to take your call and answer any questions you have. So give us a call today and get started on your recovery journey.