Addiction is a chronic disease that can cripple your life and relationships. Getting treatment at a rehab facility is vital to your success at beating addiction.
When most people decide to go to rehab they wonder how much the treatment will cost and how they’re going to meet those costs. The cost of rehab is usually determined by the type of facility you choose, the level of care you’ll need, and how long you’ll stay at the rehab facility.
These days, most health insurance providers have recognized that substance use is a disease and they, therefore, cover all or a portion of the rehab treatment costs. Unfortunately, not all insurance companies do this and some of those who need addiction treatment may not even have health insurance in the first place.
Getting into rehab is still possible, even if you don’t have health insurance coverage. There is a multitude of alternative financing options available to help you cover the costs of your rehab treatment.
State-run addiction treatment programs provide an alternative for those without insurance. While you might incur little to no costs at these facilities, they often only provide basic treatment. Although they might offer inpatient, outpatient, and aftercare support services, their level of treatment might not match that provided at a luxury rehab facility.
Furthermore, you might have to meet specific requirements before you qualify for assistance at these state-run facilities. These requirements include proof of citizenship and residence in the program’s state. There’s often a waiting list to get into these programs so it might take some time before you get an opening.
Another way to fund your stay at a reputable addiction treatment center in Indiana is through treatment scholarships. These are given out by some private rehab facilities and cover parts of the full cost of treatment. As soon as you decide on which treatment facility you want to join, talk to the admissions office and see if they have any treatment scholarships available. Qualifying for one of these would greatly reduce the burden of paying for your treatment.
Payment Plans from Rehab Centers.
Some rehabs are aware that footing the entire cost of treatment upfront is an uphill task for most people. In order to help patients, these facilities request a certain amount of the treatment costs upfront and then arrange a payment plan for the rest. Alternatively, others might put you on a sliding scale of payment, especially if you opt for an outpatient rehab program. You may need to provide proof of income to qualify for this.
Medicaid is state-provided health insurance given to people from low-income households. It covers a range of public health issues, including alcohol or drug addiction treatment options, that private insurance covers don’t.
To be eligible for Medicaid, you have to meet one of these criteria:
- Be under the age of 19
- Be over the age of 65
- Be within a specified income range
- Be a parent or pregnant
Private Financing Options
If you’re really determined to find a way to afford addiction treatment, you can turn to private financing options. There are several ways through which you can raise money for rehab including:
- Taking cash from your emergency savings. Addiction treatment in most cases is a life-and-death matter so don’t feel guilty dipping into your emergency savings to cover treatment costs.
- Pawning or selling off personal items of value. To finance rehab costs, you can liquidate valuable items you have that are non-essential to your survival. For instance, you can sell off sports equipment, used vehicles, your art collection, jewelry, or digital and music equipment. If you feel guilty for selling this stuff, remind yourself that you’ll invest the money in the worthy cause of your treatment and recovery.
- Crowdfunding or Fundraising. Alternatively, you can turn to technology to raise money through crowdfunding via sites like GoFundMe.
- Asking for loans from close family and friends. It might prick your pride to ask for money from others but keep in mind that your treatment is important. Your friends or family might help raise the cash needed to meet your treatment costs. If you ask them for a loan, suggest that they make payments directly to the rehab facility of your choice so that there’s no doubt that the funds will be used as intended. Then commit to repaying them in time.
Non-Profit Treatment Centers.
There are several nonprofit organizations around that provide treatment, education, support, and motivation for people struggling with addiction and their loved ones. Rehab services at some of these treatment centers are available at little or no cost to you. Others have a system where patients work or volunteer in exchange for receiving treatment for a certain duration of time.
Get Started on Your Rehab Treatment Today
Cost should not keep you from receiving life-changing addiction treatment at a rehab facility. It is still possible to pay for your treatment even if you have little cash on hand. Through careful financial planning and evaluation of the available resources, you can still get into a quality treatment program.
If you or your loved one suffers from an addiction and wants to check in to rehab, contact our Evolve Indy treatment center. Over the years, our team of treatment specialists has helped several patients to break free of the chains of addiction and we can do the same for you. Contact us today and take the first steps to live a free, healthy, and productive life.