Evolve Indy wants to be as proactive as possible in the prevention and treatment of the Coronavirus. We want our clients to still be able to seek substance abuse treatment, but we have put the following practices in place.
- Reported illnesses have ranged from mild symptoms to severe illness and death for confirmed coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) cases.
- Underlying medical issues, such as asthma, COPD, diabetes or other cardiovascular diseases
- The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
- Loss of taste or smell
**All clients who call in requesting services will be asked if they currently have or have had symptoms related to the Coronavirus as stated by the CDC.
- If a client answers yes, they must seek testing to confirm if they have the virus and follow treatment recommendations if so
- If a client answers no, we will proceed with the admission process
Presence of Symptoms After Admission:
Should a client demonstrate or report symptoms of Coronavirus once admitted to Evolve Indy, we will follow these steps:
- Evolve Indy staff will contact a local hospital for instructions and transport the client for testing or treatment.
- Once onsite testing is available, all clients and staff will be tested. These tests take approximately 24hrs for results. Clients can be quarantined in the recovery home until results are received.
- If the client tests positive and they are an Indiana resident, they will be asked to return home or to a family member for a 14 day quarantine period. They may still receive services via Tele-therapy.
- If the client tests positive and they are an out of state resident, the family will be contacted and encouraged to come get the client. The client will be discharged, but able to return to services when medically cleared.
- If it is not possible for the client to leave (ex. Inability to board a plane or lack of family involvement) Evolve Indy will secure placement for the client at a different recovery home meant for quarantining or a local hotel if available.
- The client will have their own room with access to Tele-therapy services for a period of 14 days. Additional support services will be provided, as well as financial help for personal items and food.
- Once medically cleared, they may return to services.
- Due to insurance restrictions, a client’s level of care will likely change if they are required to move to tele-therapy. For instance, a PHP client would be moved to an IOP level of care, meaning they could receive 3 hours of group per day rather than 6.
Tele-Therapy Options due to Covid 19
Due to the current circumstances in our state as a result of Covid 19, we have tailored our programming to meet the needs of our clients. We want to ensure all clients of Evolve Indy are still receiving the highest quality substance abuse treatment as possible. This kind of treatment can still take place at the tele-therapy level. We are able to provide individual, family and group sessions via tele-therapy. Our clients can receive all of these services from the comfort and safety of our recovery homes; Red Oak and Joliet. With this option, we will limit all interaction with the outside community, only leaving for essential appointments. A staff member will be at the recovery home 24/7, which was part of our original program, but even at full census, the number of people would never exceed 16. In addition to tele-therapy, we can also provide tele-communications with 12-step meetings or sponsorships, as well as fitness or spiritual groups.
7:00-9:00am > Breakfast, Showers, Social Time
9:00am > Group Begins
9:00-10:00 > Check In’s, Mind/Body Assessment, Gratitude
10:00-11:00 > Stages of Change, WHY
11:00-12:00 > Trauma, Psycho-Education
1:00-2:30 > Emotion Regulation, Shame/Guilt/Resiliency
2:30-3:30 > DBT, Coping, Homework
3:30-5:00 > Activities, Fitness, Social Time
6:00-7:00 > Dinner Prep, Eat Together
7:00-9:00 > Recovery Groups, 12-Step Work
9:00-10:00 > Phone Privileges, Prepare for Bed
10:00pm-7:00am > Quiet Time
The Role of Trauma and Addiction
Understanding the WHY
SAMHSA Anger Management
HALT + Cravings, Urges, Triggers
SMART Goals and Recovery, 12-Step Pathways
Emotion Regulation; Shame vs Guilt
Move Your Body, Tone Your Mood
Relaxation and Stress Reduction (Mindfulness)
The Role of Health and Nutrition
Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
Stages of Change
CBT, Challenging Negative Thoughts
Changing Your Environment, Life After Treatment